On Fri, 14 May 2010, Josh Berkus wrote:

First off, this is absolutely the wrong list to be discussing management of PostgreSQL lists. That belongs on pgsql-www.

Actually, this is as good a list as any ... -www is for WWW related issues, not mailing list ... be as inappropriate there as it would be on sysadmins, which also doesn't cover mailing lists ...

Second, regarding advocacy: no, absolutely not. -advocacy is a working list and not a virtual water cooler.

BTW, and even I totally forgot about it, but we do have a virtual water cooler already: pgsql-chat ... 224 subscribers currently, just nobody uses it ...

In fact, I just removed / changed to BCC -hackers so that all further discussions on this part of the thread will be on -chat ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scra...@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scra...@hub.org