Andy Balholm <a...@balholm.com> wrote:

> I made my diff with src/tools/make_diff, as suggested in the
> Developer FAQ. But using git diff would be less hassle. Do the
> diffs from git diff work just as well?

I agree about the git diff being easier; however, those files are in
unified format and some committers prefer to read the context
format, so I'd recommend piping it through filterdiff
--format=context.  Personally, although I submit patches in context
format, I keep the unified copy around because I find the method
names from git useful and I like to be able to view the patch
through kompare, which doesn't seem to like the context format as
well.

-Kevin