--On 15. Juni 2010 20:51:21 -0700 Selena Deckelmann <selenama...@gmail.com> wrote:

Confirmed that this tests fine against commit id
0dca7d2f70872a242d4430c4c3aa01ba8dbd4a8c

I also wrote a little test script and verified that it throws an error
when I try to remove a constraint from the parent table.

Thanks for looking at this.

Please note that the main purpose of this patch is to protect *child* tables against dropping NOT NULL constraints inherited from a parent table. This could lead to unrestorable dumps formerly.

Should an explicit test be added for this?

I think so, yes.

There are some spelling and grammar errors in comments that I can help
fix if you want the help.

You're welcome. I have pushed my branch to my git repos as well, if you like to start from there:

<http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=bernd_pg.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/notnull_constraint>

--
Thanks

        Bernd