Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Sorry, I've been a bit distracted by other responsibilities (libtiff
>> security issues for Red Hat, if you must know).  I'll get on it shortly.
>
> What?  You have other things to do besides hack on PostgreSQL?  Shocking!  :-)

I suspect you're kidding, but in case some on the list didn't realize,
Tom's probably as famous (if not moreso) in the image compression
community as he is in the database community:

http://www.jpeg.org/jpeg/index.html
"Probably the largest and most important contribution however was the work
 of the Independent JPEG Group (IJG), and Tom Lane in particular."

http://www.w3.org/TR/PNG-Credits.html , http://www.w3.org/TR/PNG/
"PNG (Portable Network Graphics) Specification
 Version 1.0
 Contributing Editor
 Tom Lane, t...@sss.pgh.pa.us"

http://www.fileformat.info/format/tiff/egff.htm
"... by Dr. Tom Lane of the Independent JPEG Group, a member of the
 TIFF Advisory Committee"