On 21/06/10 19:41, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
What is the recommended procedure for this?

For instance, normally I would do a dump, upgrade, reload, when dealing
with a single server, just to make sure all my system tables and such
are clean ... but, if I have HS/SR setup to a slave, what is the
recommended method of doing an upgrade?

This will be of more concern later, I imagine, when we're dealing with a
9.0 -> 9.1 upgrade ...

Wal shipping doesn't work across major versions, and I wouldn't recommend doing it across different minor versions either. So:

1. On master: dump, upgrade binaries, reload master,
2. On slave: Shutdown, upgrade binaries, take new base backup from master and reinitialize slave from it.

On a new minor version, I'd imagine that you upgrade the binaries on slave first, then master. The newer version can generally read WAL from old version, but not necessarily vice versa. But check the release notes..

--
  Heikki Linnakangas