Tom, you are right: it is just more complicated.

In fact, I did not pretend to demonstrate that it was easier or faster using one file per tape. As you can remember, I just did not understand why you said it was *impossible* to recycle space in that case.

So, the conclusion is: you can do recycle space when using one file per tape, but it is just more complicated than current design, isn't it?

PD: are we sure it is more complicated?

Thanks.

Manolo.