On 30/06/10 18:11, Magnus Hagander wrote:
On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 18:33, Richard Huxton<d...@archonet.com>  wrote:

IMHO The real solution would be something that could strip/rewrite the
constraint on restore rather than trying to prevent people being stupid
though. People *will* just tag their functions as immutable to get them to
work.

Are you sure? The people most likely to "just tag their functions as
immutable", are the same ones most unlikely to know *how to do that*.
At least for what I think is the majority case - which is calling
builtin functions.

People just cut and paste this stuff from ancient blog entries. Understanding is not necessary. Hell, I do it sometimes if I'm dealing with something like LDAP where I don't really have a deep knowledge of the situation.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd