Jan Wieck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>     I think I made my point clear enough, that I consider calling
>     these  functions  just once is plain sloppy.  But that's just
>     my opinion. What do others think?

I don't have a problem with the current length of the numeric test.
The original form of it (now shoved over to bigtests) did seem
excessively slow to me ... but I can live with this one.

I do agree that someone ought to reimplement numeric using base10k
arithmetic ... but it's not bugging me so much that I'm likely
to get around to it anytime soon myself ...

Bruce, why is there no TODO item for that project?