Kris Jurka wrote:

I guess the obvious question is whether we shouldn't instead change
the docs to match the behavior. I suspect there's almost no chance
we'd consider back-patching a change of this type, since it is a clear
behavior change. And even if we did, there would still be people
running servers with the old behavior with which JDBC and other
drivers would have to cope. Having two different behaviors might be
worse than the status quo.

It is a clear behavior change, but that's what bug fixes are.

That was my first reaction. I don't think we're in the business if redefining bugs out of existence.

cheers

andrew