On 7/24/10 1:20 AM +0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Excerpts from Marko Tiikkaja's message of vie jul 23 17:44:21 -0400 2010:
wCTEs are not going to be based on any of the broken behaviour of rules,
that's for sure.  What I meant is expanding a single query into multiple
queries and running the executor separately for all of them.

Is a wCTE going to be expanded into multiple queries?

If not, it sounds like we're all agreed.

Yes, it will have to be. I tried to make it work for 9.0 by not expanding, and it didn't work out too well.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja