Sushant Sinha <sushant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes thats what I am planning to do. I just wanted to see if anyone
> can help me in estimating whether this is doable in the current
> parser or I need to write a new one. If possible, then some idea
> on how to go about implementing?

The current tsearch parser is a state machine which does clunky mode
switches to handle special cases like you describe.  If you're
looking at doing very much in there, you might want to consider a
rewrite to something based on regular expressions.  See discussion
in these threads:

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/200912102005.16560.and...@anarazel.de

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4b210d9e020000250002d...@gw.wicourts.gov

That was actually at the top of my personal PostgreSQL TODO list
(after my current project is wrapped up), but I wouldn't complain if
someone else wanted to take it.  :-)

-Kevin