Fujii Masao <masao.fu...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The initial value needs to be small until we have been able to probe
>> rlimit and figure out what is safe.

> Thanks! How about adding the comment about that as follows?

I added this:

    /*
     * We use the hopefully-safely-small value of 100kB as the compiled-in
     * default for max_stack_depth.  InitializeGUCOptions will increase it if
     * possible, depending on the actual platform-specific stack limit.
     */

although I don't entirely see the point.  We are certainly not going to
comment every variable whose compiled-in default gets changed by later
processing.