On 08/09/2010 08:50 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
You effectively have to add infrastructure to add/remove shared memory
segments to match memory requests.  It is another step, but it is the
same behavior.

That's of no use without a dynamic allocator, I think. Or else it is a vague description of a dynamic allocator.

I'm approaching the problem from another perspective: trying to implement a dynamic allocator on top of a fixed size memory pool, first. Once we have that, we may start to think about dynamically adding or removing underlying segments.

Regards

Markus Wanner