Ok..in response to the questions from Heikki,

1. Yes, "contrib/dblink" does work. Here's the output from the command used to
"make" dblink:
      postgres:thimar> /usr/bin/gmake -C contrib/dblink install
      gmake: Entering directory
`/dinabkp/faouzis/postgresql-9.0beta1/contrib/dblink'
      /bin/sh ../../config/install-sh -c -d '/dinabkp/faouzis/local2/pgsql/lib'
      /bin/sh ../../config/install-sh -c -d
'/dinabkp/faouzis/local2/pgsql/share/contrib'
      /bin/sh ../../config/install-sh -c -m 755  dblink.so
'/dinabkp/faouzis/local2/pgsql/lib/dblink.so'
      /bin/sh ../../config/install-sh -c -m 644 ./uninstall_dblink.sql
'/dinabkp/faouzis/local2/pgsql/share/contrib'
      /bin/sh ../../config/install-sh -c -m 644 dblink.sql
'/dinabkp/faouzis/local2/pgsql/share/contrib'
      gmake: Leaving directory
`/dinabkp/faouzis/postgresql-9.0beta1/contrib/dblink'

2. I don't have records of the build logs for the regular postgres executables
(which contains the libpqwalreceiver) but can do a new compile/make if that is
required. But they were compiled and installed using the regular make files
supplied along with the postgres source code. The following flags were added
during the compilation:

   --without-readline --without-zlib    --enable-debug --enable-cassert
--enable-thread-safety

Thanks.

Alanoly.