On 2010-09-17 10:09, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
 I think it makes most sense to set sync vs. async in the master, and
 the level of synchronicity in the slave. Although I have sympathy
 for the argument that it's simpler if you configure it all from the
 master side as well.

Just a comment as a sysadmin, It would be hugely beneficial if the
master and slaves all was able to run from the "exact same" configuration
file. This would leave out any doubt of the configuration of the "complete cluster"
in terms of debugging. Slave would be able to just "copy" over the masters
configuration, etc. etc.

I dont know if it is doable or has any huge backsides.

--
Jesper