On 09/22/2010 08:32 AM, Dave Page wrote:
On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Andrew Dunstan<and...@dunslane.net>  wrote:
XML is not the only alternative - please don't use it as a straw man. For
example, here is a fragment from the Bacula docs using their hierarchical
format:

FileSet {
   Name = Test
   Include {
     File = /home/xxx/test
     Options {
        regex = ".*\.c$"
     }
   }
}

Or here is a piece from the buildfarm client config (which is in fact perl,
but could also be JSON or similar fairly easily):

mail_events =>
{
     all =>  [],
     fail =>  [],
     change =>  ['f...@bar.com', 'b...@blurfl.org' ],
     green =>  [],
},
build_env =>
{
     CCACHE_DIR =>  "/home/andrew/pgfarmbuild/ccache/$branch",
},
Both of which I've also used in the past, and also find uncomfortable
and awkward for configuration files.

I can't imagine trying to configure Bacula using ini file format - the mind just boggles. Frankly, I'd rather stick with our current config format than change to something as inadequate as ini file format.

cheers

andrew