On Mon, 4 Oct 2010, Marko Tiikkaja wrote:

On 2010-10-03 5:08 AM +0300, Steve Singer wrote:

Hmm..  I can't reproduce this.  What platform are you on?

Sorry, I it seems the changes to one file (pg_proc.c) didn't get applied to my source repository. Now that I've applied them initdb works and the regression tests pass.

I also noticed that functions.c is now generating a warning that should be easy to clean up.

functions.c: In function 'sql_exec_error_callback':
functions.c:989: warning: 'es' may be used uninitialized in this function
functions.c: In function 'fmgr_sql':
functions.c:712: warning: 'es' is used uninitialized in this function

Currently pg_parse_and_rewrite() returns all Query nodes in one huge list. That's not acceptable for this patch since that list is already missing the information we need: when should we take a new snapshot? So the patch breaks the API of pg_parse_and_rewrite() to return a list of lists instead, but I'm not convinced that's a bright idea since third party code might use it, so I suggested adding a new function. Then again, third party code can't use pg_parse_and_rewrite() any way if/when the wCTE patch goes in.

Is there any third party code in particular that your thinking of? I don't see anything that says pg_parse_and_rewrite is part of a stable server side API (in contrast to SPI or something an third party index access method or custom data-type would call).

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja

Steve Singer