On 2010-11-10 15:46, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Yeb Havinga <yebhavi...@gmail.com <mailto:yebhavi...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    They are necessary and it is code untouched by this patch, and the
    same line occurs in other picksplit functions as well. The
    gbt_num_picksplit function shows that it can be avoided, by
    rewriting in the second loop

    *left++ = sortItems[i].index;
    into
    v->spl_left[v->spl_nleft] = sortItems[i].index

    Even though this is longer code, I prefer this variant over the
    shorter one.

I can't understand this point. How the way of spl_left and spl_right arrays filling is related with additional FirstOffsetNumber value at the end of array, which is added by "*left = *right = FirstOffsetNumber;" line?
You're right, they are not related. I'm no longer sure it is necessary, looking at gistUserPicksplit.

regards,
Yeb Havinga