Marti Raudsepp wrote:
PostgreSQL's default settings change when built with Linux kernel
headers 2.6.33 or newer. As discussed on the pgsql-performance list,
this causes a significant performance regression:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2010-10/msg00602.php

NB! I am not proposing to change the default -- to the contrary --
this patch restores old behavior.

Following our standard community development model, I've put this patch onto our CommitFest list: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=432 and assigned myself as the reviewer. I didn't look at this until now because I already had some patch development and review work to finish before the CommitFest deadline we just crossed. Now I can go back to reviewing other people's work.

P.S. There is no pgsql-patch list anymore; everything goes through the hackers list now.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support        www.2ndQuadrant.us