On 12/02/2010 08:10 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
IIRC we announced that we will EOL 8.1 in 2010 -- given that we are now
in December, will it be done soon?

(As a packager, I'll be happy to drop is ASAP, so that I can use those
VMs for new OSes).

EOL does not mean we simply drop the branch on the floor. The policy at <http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Release_Support_Policy> states: "The first version update released after the EOL date will normally be the final one for that version. Note that this can extend support shortly past the listed date." That "shortly" could amount to several months, and has in the past.

(I'm not sure I understand why you need a separate VM for each branch, as your post seems to imply.)

cheers

andrew