On 12/02/2010 05:50 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
So the use case of parralel dump in a bunch or user given locations
would be to use different mount points (disk subsystems) at the same
time.  Not sure how releveant it is.

I think it will complicate this feature unnecessarily for 9.1. Personally, I need this patch so much I'm thinking of backporting it. However, having all the data go to one directory/mount wouldn't trouble me at all.

Now, if only I could think of some way to write a parallel dump to a set of pipes, I'd be in heaven.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.