On 10-12-06 06:56 PM, Greg Smith wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
The various testing that's been reported so far is all for
Linux and thus doesn't directly address the question of whether other
kernels will have similar performance properties.

Survey of some popular platforms:

<snip>

So my guess is that some small percentage of Windows users might notice
a change here, and some testing on FreeBSD would be useful too. That's
about it for platforms that I think anybody needs to worry about.

If you tell me which options to pgbench and which .conf file settings you'd like to see I can probably arrange to run some tests on AIX.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant usg...@2ndquadrant.com    Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Supportwww.2ndQuadrant.us