Pavel Stehule wrote:
Hello

I wrote a few functions for record type - record_expand,
record_get_fields, record_get_field, record_set_fields.

A usage of this functions is described in my blog
http://okbob.blogspot.com/2010/12/iteration-over-record-in-plpgsql.html

Do you think, so these functions can be in core? These are relative
strong and enough general with zero dependency. Sure, these functions
are not defined in ANSI SQL.

Regards

Pavel Stehule

That looks good in principle. I see it as being valuable and important that users can define generic relational operators/functions, meaning ones that can work with any relations like built-ins can, and the ability to iterate over record fields, or at least introspect a relation to see what fields it has, is a good foundation to support this. -- Darren Duncan