On 2010-12-14 7:05 PM +0200, Tom Lane wrote:
Marko Tiikkaja<marko.tiikk...@cs.helsinki.fi>  writes:
On 2010-12-14 4:23 AM +0200, Tom Lane wrote:
Uh, I don't think so.  It sure looks like you have changed the user
lockmethod to be transactional, ie, auto-release on commit/abort.

I was under the impression that passing sessionLock=true to
LockAcquire(), combined with allLocks=false to LockReleaseAll() would be
enough to prevent that from happening.  My tests seem to agree with this.

Am I missing something?

All the places that look at LockMethodData->transactional ?

As far as I can tell, every code path that looks at LockMethodData->transactional either has an explicit sessionLock boolean or looks whether owner == NULL to actually check whether the lock in question is a session lock or not instead of blindly trusting ->transactional.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja