Just from curious may I ask in which direction this will go, and how this will
affect performance of text and binary format?

Actually I started to make smaller improvements, and I think about one big to
encode text (when client and server encoding are different) directly to
StringInfo, without intermediate buffer.

Thanks in advice
Radek

Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> Monday 07 February 2011 17:12:07