On Thu, 16 May 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> Joe Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Just noticed this a few minutes ago on build from cvs tip:
> > make -C preproc all
> > make[4]: Entering directory `/opt/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc'
> > bison -y -d  preproc.y
> > conflicts:  2 reduce/reduce
>
> Yeah, the ECPG grammar has been broken for awhile.  I'm expecting
> Michael to do something about it sooner or later ...

It's not just the grammar. Last time I tried to compile OSDB to get some
benchmarking done, ecpg segfaulted on it (before having any reduce
conflict). I tried to do some investigation, but my knowledge was too
limited and couldn't even generate a decent bug report.

"Nunca se desea ardientemente lo que solo se desea por razon" (F. Alexandre)

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster