On 11-02-10 05:20 AM, Jan Urbański wrote:

D'oh, I was thinking about whether it's safe to skip the internal
subxact if you're in an implicit one and somehow I always convinced
myself that since you eventually close the explicit one, it is.

Obviously my testing wasn't enough :( Attaching an updated patch with
improved docs incorporating Steve's fixes, and fixes&  tests for not
statring the implicit subxact. That actually makes the patch a bit
smaller ;) OTOH I had to remove the section from the docs that claimed
performance improvement due to only starting the explicit subxact...

This version of the patch looks fine to me and seems to work as expected.

Cheers,
Jan