On 28.02.2011 23:28, daveg wrote:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:46:14AM +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
We'll likely need to go back and forth a few times with various
debugging patches until we get to the heart of this..

Anything new on this? I'm seeing at on one of my clients production boxes.

I haven't heard anything from the OP since.

Also, what is the significance, ie what is the risk or damage potential if
this flag is set incorrectly?

Sequential scans will honor the flag, so you might see some dead rows incorrectly returned by a sequential scan. That's the only "damage", but an incorrectly set flag could be a sign of something more sinister, like corrupt tuple headers. The flag should never be set incorrectly, so if you see that message you have hit a bug in PostgreSQL, or you have bad hardware.

This flag is quite new, so a bug in PostgreSQL is quite possible. If you still have a backup that contains those incorrectly set flags, I'd like to see what the page looks like.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas