On tis, 2011-03-01 at 12:50 -0800, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > * Collation-related changes still needed in contrib/citext.  If we don't
> > have this done before alpha4, I'm afraid we'll have to generate a 1.1
> > update script to fix it for alpha4 users.  I'd just as soon not deal
> > with that overhead.
>
> What needs to happen here, exactly? I'm ignorant about about the correlation
> changes, but need to learn, and of course am willing to help out with citext,
> especially if correlation support might make it better.

I think you just need to put something like

UPDATE pg_type SET typcollation = (SELECT oid FROM pg_collation WHERE
collname = 'default') WHERE typname = 'citext';

into the upgrade script.

The discussion last time was whether there should be ALTER TYPE support
for that, but I guess we settled on not bothering.