It stroke me today again, that \dt+ isn't displaying the acurate table size for tables, since it uses pg_relation_size() till now. With having pg_table_size() since PostgreSQL 9.0 available, i believe it would be more useful to have the total acquired storage displayed, including implicit objects (the mentioned case where it was not very useful atm was a table with a big TOAST table).

Attached minor patch extends \dt to use pg_table_size() starting with PostgreSQL 9.0, not sure if we backport such changes though. It would be interesting for 9.1, however.

--
Thanks

        Bernd