On 03/28/2011 09:25 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Robert Haas<robertmh...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Per previous discussion, I'm going to wrap alpha5 Monday morning
Eastern time, barring objections.
It seems that the 'make distcheck' build is broken.  Apparently we
don't have any automated testing of this?  Anyone know what to fix
here?

There is a bunch of things we don't test in a way that shows up obviously, if at all. I'm thinking of making a buildfarm enhancement that will allow performance of optional steps with some extra timing and branch params. Obvious candidates include building the docs, looking for typedefs, and benchmark runs as per Greg's post yesterday. The extra config would look something like:

    optional_steps => {
         find_typedefs => { branches => ['HEAD'], min_hours_since => 23 },
         benchmark => {dow => [0,2], min_hour => 3, max_hour => 6 },
         build_docs => {min_hours_since => 72},
    },

Adding a docs build to the buildfarm would at least show up errors like the one you found pretty quickly. It's going to have to be optional, though, as by no means does everyone have the required toolset installed.

cheers

andrew