Hi there.  I'm yet another developer working full-time on a native windows
port.  I'm also working closely with Jan Wieck (next office).  I know there is
a reluctance to modify the code base to support native win32, and I realize
that no decision has yet been made.  However, ...

A few of the identifier names used in postgres collide with WIN32 or MFC names.
 To keep my working copy of the code as close to the released source as
possible, I do have some superficial changes that I would like to put in the
code base early:

1.  Rename to avoid structures/functions with same name:
        a.  PROC => PGPROC
        b.  GetUserName() => GetUserNameFromId()
        c.  GetCurrentTime() => GetCurrentDateTime()

2.  Add _P to the following lex/yacc tokens to avoid collisions
        CONST, CHAR, DELETE, FLOAT, GROUP, IN, OUT

3.  Rename two local macros
        a.  MEM_FREE => MEM_FREE_IT in backend/utils/hash/dynahash.c
        b.  IGNORE => IGNORE_TOK in include/utils/datetime.h &
backend/utils/adt/datetime.c

Thanks,
Katie Ward
[EMAIL PROTECTED]