On 03.04.2011 09:16, Dan Ports wrote:
I think I see what is going on now. We are sometimes failing to set the
commitSeqNo correctly on the lock. In particular, if a lock assigned to
OldCommittedSxact is marked with InvalidSerCommitNo, it will never be
cleared.

The attached patch corrects this:
  TransferPredicateLocksToNewTarget should initialize a new lock
  entry's commitSeqNo to that of the old one being transferred, or take
  the minimum commitSeqNo if it is merging two lock entries.

  Also, CreatePredicateLock should initialize commitSeqNo for to
  InvalidSerCommitSeqNo instead of to 0. (I don't think using 0 would
  actually affect anything, but we should be consistent.)

  I also added a couple of assertions I used to track this down: a
  lock's commitSeqNo should never be zero, and it should be
  InvalidSerCommitSeqNo if and only if the lock is not held by
  OldCommittedSxact.

Thanks, committed this.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas