On Tue, 19 Apr 2011, Tom Lane wrote:

Kris Jurka <bo...@ejurka.com> writes:
On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Mike Fowler wrote:
As there seems to be a consensus forming for fixing the JDBC driver, I've
taken the liberty do so at the risk of being shot down. The patch is fairly
straightforward, just changing UNICODE to UTF8 in a number of files including
the translation files. I've tested this against 9.1devel (HEAD) and 8.4.7.
For each database version I build and the tests running JDKs 1.4.2_19,
1.5.0_22 and 1.6.0_2. All on 32-bit.

Thanks, applied, mostly.  It's great to have a patch for a problem before
you even know it exists.

For purposes of the notes in the server-side fix, could you state which
JDBC driver versions these changes will first appear in?

This is in 9.1dev-900 and won't be backpatched.

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html#development

Kris Jurka