Deletion of data from a PostgreSQL table is very slow.

   It would be nice to have a very fast delete like "truncate table."

   Now, truncate is a very dangerous command because it is not logged (but
   the same is true for other operations like bulk copy and select into).
   So one needs to be careful how this command is granted.  The same damage
   (accidental deletion of all data) can be done by drop table just as
   easily.

   I frequently have to do this right now in PostgreSQL, but I simply
   emulate it by drop table/create table.

What is a TRUNCATE TABLE but a drop create anyway?  Is there some
technical difference?

--
Billy O'Connor