On 06.06.2011 16:58, Robert Haas wrote:
On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Cyan Ogilvie<cyan.ogil...@gmail.com>  wrote:
This is my first patch, so I hope I've got the process right for submitting
patches.

You're doing great.  I suspect we do want to either (1) reword what
you've done in English, rather than writing it as code, or at least
(2) add some SGML markup to the code.  Our next CommitFest starts in
just over a week, so you should receive some more specific feedback
pretty soon.

That is quite complicated to explain in plain English, so some sort of pseudo-code is probably a good idea. I would recommend not to formulate it as a SQL expression, though. It makes you think you could execute it from psql or something. Even if you know that's not how to do it, it feels confusing. Maybe something like:

<literal>md5</literal> hex_encode(md5(hex_encode(md5(password username) salt)

with some extra markup to make it look pretty.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas