On Jun 14, 2011, at 3:45 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I've committed patches that fix these issues on my own OS X machine,
> though it remains to be seen whether polecat and colugos will like
> them.  It turns out that whatever setup Robert has got with
> '/Volumes/High Usage/' is really *not* fully exercising the system
> as far as space-containing paths go, because I found bugs in all

'/Volumes/High Usage' is a "new" external drive as I put in a SSD as the main
drive.  Rather than re-do all my configs, I created a symbolic link from
/usr/local/src/pg_buildfarm... to the external disk.

> active branches when I tried to do builds and installs underneath
> '/Users/tgl/foo bar/'.  Is it worth setting up a buildfarm critter
> to exercise the case on a long-term basis?  If we don't, I think
> we can expect that it'll break regularly.

I'd be happy to do that on my iMac, which isn't a build farm member yet,
although I had plans to add it.  I can easily do a single tester with spaces in
the path, or multiple testers with and without spaces.

I'll work on the build farm config setup at least for the space scenario.

Cheers,
Rob