On Jun16, 2011, at 14:30 , Radosław Smogura wrote:
> I'm sending following patch which disables optimization when --enable-debug
> is passed. It was nasty (for me, at least) that debug build required passing
> of CFLAGS with -O0 to get nice traceable code.

Unfortunately, with some compilers (gcc, I'm looking at you) you get
considerably fewer warnings with -O0 than with -O1, even if you specify -Wall.
The reason seems to be that some of the warnings need information produces by
some of the optimization passes.

I usually use -O1 for debug builds, these are usually still at least somewhat
debuggable with gdb.

best regards,
Florian Pflug