On 2/07/2011 11:54 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 17:51, Craig Ringer<cr...@postnewspapers.com.au>  wrote:
Hi folks

I've noticed while testing the VC 2010 patches that clean.pl in
src/tools/msvc doesn't remove files generated by flex. I landed up with a
broken configuration while testing my x64 builds that caused the creation of
zero-size outputs for bootscanner.c etc. These weren't re-generated on
re-build even after a clean, and because they're in .gitignore they aren't
flagged as dirty in the tree either. Because an empty file is a valid C
compilation unit, everything proceeded merrily until linkage failed.

Should clean.pl be removing such files? Or, since they're probably included
in release source tarballs, would a separate "gitclean.pl" be required?

clean.pl? I don't even have that file, I only have clean.bat...

And if you're talking about that one, have you tried "clean dist"
which is what should correspond to make distclean, and remove those
files?

Gah. Reading the file before posting would've been a good idea - sorry.

--
Craig Ringer