On 15/07/11 14:57, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

Maybe we could add more info regarding current usage and requested
amount in addition to the temp file limit value. I mean something
like:

ERROR:  aborting due to exceeding temp file limit. Current usage 9000kB,
requested size 1024kB, thus it will exceed temp file limit 10000kB.

I modeled the original message on what happens when statement timeout is exceeded, which doesn't state its limit in the error message at all - actually I did wonder if there is was informal standard for *not* stating the value of the limit that is being exceeded! However, I agree with you and think it makes sense to include it here. I wonder if the additional detail you are suggesting above might be better added to a HINT - what do you think? If it is a better idea to just add it in the message as above I can certainly do that.

Cheers

Mark