On 19.08.2011 21:06, Gokulakannan Somasundaram wrote:
If you are following the same design that Heikki put forward, then there is
a problem with it in maintaining the bits in page and the bits in visibility
map in sync, which we have already discussed.

Are you referring to this: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-02/msg02097.php ? I believe Robert's changes to make the visibility map crash-safe covers that. Clearing the bit in the visibility map now happens within the same critical section as clearing the flag on the heap page and writing th WAL record.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas