On 08/19/2011 09:02 PM, David Fetter wrote:
On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 07:37:29PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

On 08/19/2011 07:31 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
Kris Jurka wrote:
Did you also try the "use Tie::File" addition in my fix because your
current coding doesn't work at all.  The tie operation is key to actually
writing out the modified copyright notice.  Your version just updates the
copyright year in memory, but never gets it back to the file.
Ah, that did fix it;  thanks.  I am attached the updated committed
copyright.pl.  I also skipped symlinks.

It probably doesn't matter that much in this context, but I should
point out that Tie::File is not universally available. Some years
ago I had to revert its use in the buildfarm code for that reason.
In general we should try to avoid adding extra dependencies wherever
possible.
Tie::File ships as part of core Perl for all non-EOL versions, so I
really can't consider this as a problem.

Which are those?

cheers

andrew