On 09/03/2011 07:58 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

Anyway, after giving up on that I went back to plan A, namely install
regress.so and friends into $libdir.  That turns out to be really quite
straightforward, though I had to hack pg_regress.c a bit to get its idea
of $libdir to match up exactly with the way the backend sees it.
(The only reason this matters is that there's one error report in the
regression tests where the full expansion of $libdir is reported.
Maybe we should just drop that one test case instead of maintaining
the infrastructure for replacing @libdir@ in pg_regress.c.)

Attached is a draft patch for HEAD.  It passes "make check" and "make
installcheck" on Unix, but I've not touched the MSVC scripts.
Comments?

This looks like it should work.

cheers

andrew