On 09/19/2011 11:23 AM, Enrico Pirozzi wrote:
What's the use case for not dumping comments? At first glance it seems a
very odd thing to do.

I wrote this little patch, becuse  my customer doesn't want to have
comments on the production db. It's not my choice

Then use pg_restore --use-list to filter them out, and you won't need a single line of C code to achieve your goal. The --use-list option gives you very fine grained control over what gets restoresd and what does not. Patching pg_dump like this seems like the wrong way to go.

cheers

andrew