On 01.11.2011 06:33, Jeff Davis wrote:
On Mon, 2011-10-24 at 15:05 +0400, Alexander Korotkov wrote:

I think implementing subtype_diff for each datatype is ok.  We could
implement some universal function based on minus operator and casting
to double precision. But such solution might be unacceptable in
both predictability (operator and casting function might do not the
things we expect) and performance.

Done.

Thanks, I'm looking into this now.

+       else if (lower1.infinite || upper1.infinite)
+               length1 = 1.0/0.0;

That seems wrong. I take it that the point is to set length1 to infinity?

PS. I note the docs still refer to subtype_float. I'll fix that before committing.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas