On 04/11/11 12:15, Florian Pflug wrote:
AFAICS, the internal storage layout of tsvector should allow you to extract an
individual lexem's positions quite efficiently (with time complexity log(N)
where
N is the number of lexems in the tsvector). Doing so will require you to
implement
your function in C though - any solution that works from a tsvector's textual
representation will obviously have time complexity N.

best regards,
Florian Pflug

I'll do a pl/pgsql function first, I need to test it with other parts of the project. But I will look for more efficient algorithms for a C function as soon as possible if we still decide to use the postgresql fulltext engine.

Regards,
Yoann Moreau