(2011/11/19 0:54), Robert Haas wrote:
2011/11/18 Shigeru Hanada<shigeru.han...@gmail.com>:
- I couldn't see the reason why file_fdw sets ctid of sample tuples,
though I guess it's for Vitter's random sampling algorithm.  If every
FDW must set valid ctid to sample tuples, it should be mentioned in
document of AnalyzeForeignTable.  Exporting some functions from
analyze.c relates this issue?

If every FDW must set valid ctid to sample tuples, it should be fixed
so that they don't have to, I would think.

It's for neither Vitter's algorithm nor exporting functions from analyze.c. It's for "foreign index scan" on CSV file data that I plan to propose in the next CF. So, it is meaningless for now. I'm sorry. I will fix it at the next version of the patch so that they don't have to.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita