On 12/12/2011 06:43 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
configuration, it seems to me that it would be fine to commit a patch
that made everything work, but for the compiler bug. We could refrain
from stating that we officially support that configuration until the
compiler bug is fixed, or even document the existence of the bug. We
can't be responsible for other people's broken code, but I don't
necessarily see that as a reason not to commit a prerequisite patch.
Otherwise, as you say, there's a chicken-and-egg problem, and who does
that help?

Yeah, fair enough. I'll work on that.
If we're talking about adding support for a previously-unsupported

Definitely do this (and then file a bug report with the project). I've worked with both Kai and NightStrike from the MingW-W64 project to fix previous bugs, and as long as they can build the offending source themselves then they are very helpful and quick to respond.

Done and done (see <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3458244&group_id=202880&atid=983354>).

cheers

andrew