On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM, Aidan Van Dyk <ai...@highrise.ca> wrote:
> So, I'm a big fan of syncrep guaranteeing it's guarantees.  To me,
> that's the whole point.  Having it "fall out of sync rep" at any point
> *automatically* seems to be exactly counter to the point of sync rep.

Yes, what Alexander proposed is not sync rep. It's new replication mode.
If we adopt the proposal, we have three replication modes, async, sync,
what Alexander proposed, like Oracle DataGuard provides. If you need
the guarantee which sync rep provides, you can choose sync as replication
mode.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao