On 01/17/2012 12:06 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Well, since I see other committers sending in patches the day after the
nominal commitfest deadline, I don't feel too bad about being a bit late
as well.

To clarify the fairness standard here: submitting a patch before the CommitFest deadline, then adding it to the app, means that we will try very hard to find a reviewer for the submission during that CF. It's setting a worst-case bound on how long someone who contributes will have to wait for feedback. That delay, how long it would take before someone saw community feedback after they sent in a patch, used to be far less predictable.

Something like this, sent just after the deadline, won't be assigned a reviewer by the CommitFest manager until the next CF. That doesn't mean it won't be reviewed anyway. Also, submissions that fix a regression, like this one, can easily end up on a fast track unrelated to the normal schedule.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD